FE Trustnet, Reporter
FE is looking for a new financial journalist, keen to make their name covering the exciting and competitive UK asset management sector.
As an enthusiastic team player, they will work as part of the editorial team behind award-winning investment research website FE Trustnet and Trustnet Magazine.
The role involves writing news and research articles about funds, fund managers, markets and investments for a range of audiences. FE Trustnet reporters make significant use of data in their journalism in addition to sources such as industry contacts, news releases and third-party research.
The successful applicant will be expected to write two to three articles every day, focusing on the drivers behind the performance of investment funds and developing a strong rapport with the fund managers, heads of marketing, brokers and financial advisers who are involved in the funds industry.
FE Trustnet is the UK’s leading online fund research platform and was voted best investment research site at the 2018 Investment Research Awards. Serving the needs of private and professional investors, the site exists to help investors understand what’s driving the market and offer support for their investment decisions.
Trustnet Magazine, the private investor magazine from FE Trustnet, is a monthly tablet-based publication which aims to break down the complex world of investments for a private investor audience through an informative and entertaining mix of news, features and interviews.
FE’s clients range from the world’s leading asset managers and banks to financial advisers, distributors and retail investors. FE connects these groups to enable better informed investment decision making, providing data, documents. tools, research, ratings and model portfolios.
In November 2018, with the backing of Hg, a leading European and US private equity investment firm, FE joined forces with two fund data businesses based in Europe - fundinfo (Switzerland) and F2C (Luxembourg).
This combination harnesses the complementary capabilities, reach and resource of each firm, increasing the breadth and depth of the client offering, and positioning FE for rapid international growth.
- Writing 2-3 strong stories per day plus others where appropriate
- Contributing to the news agenda with strong research-driven ideas for articles
- Developing a solid working grasp of FE Analytics – the company’s proprietary fund research system – within the first month of employment
- Building a strong contacts book and represent FE Trustnet as a core member of the company’s front of house staff
- Supporting the continued growth of FE Trustnet through new content ideas, promotion on social media and helping to build the audience
- Developing a solid working grasp of the FE Trustnet CMS system
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Perfect written English is essential
- Candidate must be highly numerate
- Excellent interpersonal skills as applicant expected to deal with people at all levels within the asset management industry (CEO to analyst)
- Previous experience in financial trade press preferred but not essential
- Educated to degree level – English Literature/History/Economics preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
To make further enquiries or to apply please complete the application form below.