Global Blue, Chinese Online Editor
Reports to: Chinese Editor
Global Blue Media is looking for a Chinese Online Editor to contribute strong daily content to globalblue.cn.
Aimed at international shoppers, globalblue.cn guides travellers around the world’s greatest shopping cities, showcasing the best stores, brands and experiences, as well as further supporting Global Blue’s core products and services for the international shopper.
Nature and aim of the position
The Chinese Online Editor is responsible for the online content production for the traveller site of Global Blue’s Chinese website globalblue.cn.
The holder of the position is responsible for generating and overseeing innovative, engaging shopping content that cater to a globe trotter Chinese readership and ensure traffic online.
Reporting to Chinese Editor, the holder of the position also oversees scheduling, commissioning, writing and the editing process of the whole Chinese online editorial team.
The holder of the position will have extensive experience writing about international luxury for relevant leading publications and an enthusiasm for the written word, as well as a fervent passion for the topics at hand.
The holder of the position will have experience of copy editing and possess the ability and skill to edit the work of internal and external journalists to the highest standard. Solid contacts in PR and the ability to clearly communicate with colleagues in our office are also an important part of the role.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Schedule Chinese online editorial plan monthly and monitor the production on a daily basis.
- Produce high quality content for globalblue.cn, including both original and sometimes translated/adapted content.
- Support the digital marketing team to achieve traffic target.
- Support the digital production team to produce commercial and custom content.
- Submitting reports on content generation and traffic performance on weekly and monthly basis.
- Proven online traffic growth in a similar publication/ website
- Social media knowledge and professional experience, especially in WeChat and Weibo
Reporting and collaboration
- The holder of the position reports solid-line to Chinese Editor.
- The holder of the position collaborates with Picture Editor, Digital Production and Digital Marketing teams.
- The holder of the position works with/supports Chinese Online Editorial Assistant, Assistant Chinese Online Editor, Chinese Production Editor, Chinese Editor and Editor-in-Chief.
- Chinese native-levl speaker who has extensive experience in writing on luxury, shopping, tourism attractions.
- Keen interest in fashion, travel and shopping, both current trends and historic background, including its cultural context.
- Have experience in or an understanding of the luxury fashion space, including media, brands, retail and e-commerce.
- Have experience in using Chinese social media such as WeChat and Weibo; Are capable to write for social media in a tone that favoured by Chinese audience.
- A good understanding of Google Analytics and SEO.
- Are capable to work under pressure, on deadlines and to multitask on various projects at one time.
- A self-starter with an ability to work autonomously and proactively.
- A creative mind with a doable attitude.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
Preferable skills and competencies
- A strong understanding of multi-channel digital platforms including website and social media.
- Computer proficient and experience in using CMS.
- Proven track of success in working with Chinese social media tools.
Business Knowledge / Educational Background
- Must possess strong editorial research and writing skills in Chinese.
- Must be educated to degree level (ideally in Journalism, advertising/marketing, literature or a similar relevant subject area)
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience of both editing and writing at a fashion/luxury/shopping publication website, preferably at section editor level.
Apply by completing the application form below.