ELLE, Chief Sub-Editor
We have a great opportunity to join ELLE to manage the subbing of all pages of the magazine as well as the production schedule ensuring deadlines are hit by all team members. You will also take responsibility for the Deputy Chief Sub and their skills development.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Sub pages of the magazine, provide features with sells, captions and pull-out quotes
- Check all details are accurate
- Read all bluelines/OKIs and make any changes
- Ensure flatplan and lineups are kept up-to-date at all times
- Ensure team members adhere to deadlines
- Maintain systems of workflow between departments
- Assist Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor with editorial decisions
- Ensure that marketing/sponsorship briefs are adhered to where applicable
- Provide page copies for Marketing/Subscriptions/Event departments, allowing them to seek approval from relevant clients for any competitions and offers
- Provide assistance and guidance to other team members
- Take responsibility for freelance Sub-Editor CVs and find freelancers for holiday cover
- Experience of producing high production values throughout a magazine and all promotions.
- Familiar with fashion industry and aware of any developments
- Accuracy and demonstrable consistency of high quality copy.
- Proven originality in headlines and intros to maintain magazine’s competitive advantage
- Proven management skills
- First-class command of the English language
- Meticulous and organised with strong time management skills
- Results driven,
- Ability to manage tasks to a tight deadline
- Conviction to explain and implement new procedures for the team
Click 'Apply' now.