50 Best, PR & Communications Manager
50 Best is the global leader in the fine-dining and fine-drinking events market, widely recognised as the leading innovator within our field.
Our global brand portfolio now includes The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants and Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants, The World’s 50 Best Bars and Asia’s 50 Best Bars, as well as the #50BestTalks series of live discussion events.
Communication is now at the heart our strategy to turn the 50 Best brand into a ‘tastemaker’ globally and deliver ROI-driven multi-channel communication campaigns to our sponsors.
Due to exceptional growth, the need has arisen to hire an experienced in-house PR & Communications Manager, co-ordinating a substantial global PR and media monitoring budget.
The role will involve managing our media operations with our network of PR agencies, managing our global communications plan and executing effective programs to increase awareness and develop and maintain a positive, credible and influential brand image.
The PR & Communications manager will become an integral part of the 50 Best organisation, which currently runs more than 10 major events a year across the world, coordinating a multi-channel multi-sponsor communications plan. It will directly report to the Director with a dotted line to the Group Editor.
The role will include some international travel and would therefore suit a candidate with interest and wide experience in international communication.
Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the candidate’s profile and experience. Full Time and Part Time candidates will both be considered.
Purpose of Role:
To support brand communication and messaging, media reach through optimal management of PR agency network, PR campaigns, social media and media monitoring
The PR & Communication Manager is expected to:
- Coordinate the annual PR plan, calendar and manage annual budget
- Social media and media monitoring: manage monitoring agency, from contract negotiation to briefing, reporting for sponsors, brand reputation and following of media trends
- Manage PR agency selection process from pitch to negotiation of contracts and scope of services
- Manage agencies involved in the media relations of our events
- Manage process of countering negative publicity and handle crisis and emergency communications in alignment with Group Editor and Director
- In conjunction with PR agencies, develop PR key messages, Q&A, press releases (excluding writing) key assets for media (photography, video…), media kits, infographics and other necessary materials to support, media pitching, story development, players and executive interviews
- Build a global database of media contacts from events and activities.
- Liaise with chefs/bartenders, our key sponsors and their PR agencies where required
- Coordinate events media relations (on-site or remotely depending on the event) including event PR agency briefing and coordination, media moments coordination, selection and distribution of assets (hero shots and full pics on media centre, video clips)
- Manage online Media Centre
- Work closely with the content and production team to create powerful and ROI-driven events for all geographical areas
- Work closely with clients to ensure that events meet their needs
- Evaluate opportunities for business/media partnerships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Manage media invites to key events
- Directly manage press launches
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum five years’ experience in communications and press relations (agency or in-house) with exposure to international and event communications
- Experience of coordination PR in international markets
- Proven track record in developing and delivering consumer-facing brand PR campaigns both at local and international level which deliver results
- Experience and understanding of media needs and relationships on an international basis
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms and experience in influencer campaigns
- Understanding of media monitoring and media coverage metrics (AVE etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent collaborative team-working skills; positive and professional attitude
- Ability to thrive under pressure and to work at speed around events
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, responsible and accurate with attention to detail
- Keen interest in the world of food and drink
- Willingness to travel
The ideal candidate could also have:
- Ability to take ownership of overall communications plan including objectives, strategy, goals, tactics and success metrics
- Experience of managing issues and crises and advising businesses on response
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint, and Adobe packages
- Confidence as a communicator and presenter
- Language skills
Apply by completing the application form below.