TTG Media, Designer
TTG Media Limited is a young, dynamic company formed in 2013 to take over a 65-year old power B2B media brand in the travel industry: TTG (Travel Trade Gazette).
Started as a four-page newspaper in 1953, TTG has evolved to become a three-pronged business moving confidently forwards on three platforms: print, digital and events, in the UK and via the TTG Worldwide network of international partners.
Still underpinned by a weekly print magazine, the business is also now powered by a fast-moving responsive website, ttgmedia.com, and a series of events including the TTG Top 50 Travel Agencies, the TTG Travel Awards and the TTG on Tour nationwide series of travel agent roadshows. It also maintains a series of exclusive partnerships with partners ranging from World Travel Market to the Institute of Travel & Tourism that have become vital to the brand, offering new opportunities for growth.
The brand has a reputation not only as a much-loved, authoritative voice of the industry, but as an innovative organiser of exciting events in London and beyond. Last year our Group Editor was named PPA Editor of the Year.
This role represents a fantastic challenge in one of the fastest-moving and most high profile B2B news sectors in the UK today, as part of a hugely committed and friendly team, at a genuinely exciting time for our trusted and engaging brand.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the designer will work across the TTG Media portfolio of online, print and face-to-face products for the travel industry. Proficient in industry-standard production software and a confident team player and communicator, we are also looking for excellent time management and organisation skills, as well as brilliant design flair.
The job will involve:
- Production of print pages for the TTG weekly magazine, TTG Luxury quarterly title, bi-monthly contract magazine Routes News and supplements
- Production of promotional and marketing material as required for associated branded events
- Organisation of photography and contributor artwork (commissioning illustration) in liaison with the Creative Director.
- Ensure that the respective house design styles across specific titles are adhered to
- Communication with both internal colleagues and outsourced production partners to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Design and production of digital content including adverts, email and marketing for upload to ttgmedia.com
- Creation of new branded products from the initial conception through to final product
- Liaising with clients on commercial projects involving bespoke design work
- Staying within the budget of each project showing clever use of resource (photography, typography, illustration and other design elements)
- Being proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Other design related work as instructed by senior editors or the Creative Director.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a background in design and production to contribute to the bottom line of a long-established, market-leading multi-platform media business.
This role would suit someone who can multitask, produce work to a high standard under pressure, and who is looking for an opportunity to make their career in a small team within a strong media organisation and an excellent working culture.
As in any high-pressured media environment, the role may sometimes involve working long hours.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in working in print and digital media
- Have an excellent working knowledge of InDesign and knowledge of illustrator and Photoshop, confident in formatting images for both print and web
- Be confident discussing client needs, ad specifications and technical requests with advertisers
- Be comfortable liaising with sales and admin teams to prioritise workloads according to commercial requirements
- Be confident working independently when needed, and with juggling multiple deadlines
Apply by completing the application form below.
Starting date: 2 January 2019
Apply for TTG Media, Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly