GQ, Junior Digital Editor - 1 Year FTC
GQ is looking for a multi-skilled Junior Digital Editor to contribute to GQ.co.uk’s increasingly ambitious and expansive output.
This would involve a range of editorial duties under the guidance of the senior online editors and the features team, predominantly contributing articles for the website on a daily basis (news, features, galleries), building articles on the CMS and providing enthusiastic support for all aspects of GQ’s digital output, including research, social media, video-related work and SEO optimisation.
A willingness to embrace and develop a range of technical skills is important, as is this role will grow in line with GQ.co.uk’s range and quantity of production.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To contribute articles and ideas for online features
- To carry out research for the online and features team
- To coordinate personal output with online team leaders
- To build online stories on behalf of other members of the team
- To maximise the reach on online features through SEO and related technical considerations
- To liaise with external PRs on behalf of the features team, especially with regards to assisting setting up regular articles/interviews etc
- Please note that there is the potential for some weekend work in this role.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- The ideal candidate would be familiar with the principles of online journalism and would be ready to develop their skills across a range of disciplines
- They would need to be a hard-working self-starter with the ability to find solutions to editorial challenges
- They need to be enthusiastic and positive and always be looking for ways to improve the content of the magazine and website
- It is essential that they embrace the increasing demands of digital publishing, both from a technical and editorial point of view, which would mean an excellent grasp of CMS and SEO considerations
- Writing is a part of this role and will become a key component of its development
- A range of inter-personal communication skills is vital, including a positive and engaging phone manner
Click 'Apply' now.