VWG Hub, Deputy Editor
About the role
Haymarket Network is looking to fill a full-time role on our contract with Volkswagen Group, based in the client’s office in Milton Keynes.
We build and run the main communication channel with the client’s retailers, handling everything from the latest models to minor specification updates.
It’s a busy environment and you’ll be expected to turn your hand to a variety of tasks including writing stories, applying journalistic principles to business-critical communications and attending meetings with different departments in the brand. In return we will provide full editorial training with one of Britain’s biggest media groups and the chance to develop a rewarding editorial career.
You’ll be reporting to a senior editor who will train and support you, while you work with a wider team of experienced editors on different projects.
A typical day will include:
- Writing articles and building web pages: working closely with the client you’ll write concise, engaging articles on all aspects of their business and upload them to our CMS
- Web analysis: using our dashboard to monitor hot topics and client engagement
About you – desired skills and experience
- A degree in journalism or English
- Experience in a commercial environment useful, previous job experience is vital
- The ability to multi-task – efficiently manage your own workload and respond well to challenges
- Strong written and communication skills with an eye for detail
- Digital experience (eg using CMS/Wordpress)
- Ability to follow a digital news process
- Interest in cars (a bonus, but not essential)
- Most importantly, an aptitude to work as a team player
Click 'Apply' now.