HFM Global, Financial Technology Reporter
- Full Time
Leading hedge fund media brand HFM Global is looking to hire a talented and enthusiastic reporter to cover one of the most dynamic parts of the financial sector.
Based in our London offices in The City and working as part of our 18-strong global team of award-winning journalists, the successful candidate will be responsible our technology coverage as the hedge fund business model evolves through the rapid advance of automation, AI and technological innovation.
With technology starting to disrupt the alternative asset management sector across operations, trading and investment, HFM is looking for an insightful journalist ready to lead the way in their coverage of this wave of change.
This will involve breaking off-diary stories, writing insightful analysis pieces and building up and cultivating a large contact book of helpful sources.
Applicants should have at least two years of journalism experience, preferably with business or finance publications, and a keen interest in technology.
They should display both the hunger and drive required to be successful in this role and the ability to function well as part of a close-knit team of reporters working across our London and New York offices.
The successful candidate will be responsible for shaping the content of our HFM Technology brand as well as technology coverage across our other hedge fund titles, including our flagship HFMWeek.
- Write daily news articles and break off-diary stories
- Pitch and write informed and insightful analysis pieces
- Build and maintain a contact book of senior professionals in the hedge fund and fintech industry
- Shape the content of our HFM Technology brand as well as technology coverage across other HFM titles
- Moderate industry panel discussions where required and work alongside events and marketing staff on HFM's range of briefings, conferences and summits around the world
- At least two years’ journalism experience, preferably with another business or finance publication
- A journalism degree and/or professional training preferable, but not essential
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills
- An interest in and some knowledge of the hedge fund or fintech industry would also be advantageous
- Competitive Salary
- Season Ticket Loan
- Life insurance
- 24 days holiday rising up to 29 days
- Birthday day off
- Free breakfast provided
- Social Events throughout the year
- Independent Company with established brands
- Over 200 staff globally
- Office locations in London, New York & Hong Kong
- Friendly experienced team
- Modern office complete with Sky TV, Table tennis & video games
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for HFM Global, Financial Technology Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly