HFM Global, Hedge Fund Reporter
- Full Time
Leading hedge fund media brand HFM Global is seeking a bright and ambitious journalist to cover one the most dynamic and interesting parts of the financial world.
The successful candidate will be contributing to HFM's flagship hedge fund title HFMWeek, based in our London offices in The City, as part of an 18-strong global team of award-winning journalists.
Within a short period of time they will be given their own beat to cover and will be required to regularly source off-diary stories, pitch insightful analysis ideas to editors and build up and cultivate a large contact book of helpful sources.
The role will also involve covering numerous events and industry conferences throughout the year, providing plenty of opportunities to travel and learn the industry.
This role would suit a self-starter who would rather be out meeting sources and pestering contacts on the phone rather than sitting at their desk waiting for press releases to roll in.
Applicants should have at least one year of journalism experience, preferably with business or finance publications, or strong work experience and qualifications, and display both the hunger and drive required to be successful in this role.
- Write daily news articles and break off-diary stories
- Pitch and write informed and insightful analysis pieces
- Build and maintain a contact book of senior professionals in the European hedge fund industry
- Work with the editorial and production teams to ensure the weekly print magazine goes to press on time
- Represent the HFM brand at a range of events, conferences and summits
- At least one year of journalism experience, or strong work experience and qualifications
- A journalism degree and/or professional training preferable, but not essential
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills
- An interest in and some knowledge of the financial industry is preferable, but not essential
- Competitive Salary
- Season Ticket Loan
- Life insurance
- 24 days holiday rising up to 29 days
- Birthday day off
- Free breakfast provided
- Social Events throughout the year
- Independent Company with established brands
- Over 200 staff globally
- Office locations in London, New York & Hong Kong
- Friendly experienced team
- Modern office complete with Sky TV, Table tennis & video games
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for HFM Global, Hedge Fund Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly