COSMOPOLITAN, Digital Fashion & Lifestyle Editor
Cosmopolitan.com/UK is looking for a Fashion and Lifestyle Editor to drive engagement and growth in these sections through timely news coverage, must-buy shopping content, thought-provoking features and engaging video concepts.
You will be creating industry-leading, traffic-driving fashion and lifestyle content for Cosmopolitan UK’s digital platforms.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cover daily news stories across the fashion and lifestyle sections.
- Source quality original fashion and lifestyle content that will engage the Cosmopolitan digital audience in the form of exclusives, video ideas, SEO-driven articles and long-form features.
- Be strategic in developing the section’s SEO content.
- Grow revenue through excellent editorial e-commerce content.
- Be comfortable covering large awards shows and red carpets for fashion news outside of normal working hours, when required.
- Use Google Analytics, Semrush and e-commerce data to inform an editorial content plan based on trends and areas for growth.
- Attend events on behalf of the brand (both in and out of office hours) and liaise with PRs on product launches and exclusive opportunities.
- Work with the design team to maintain engaging visuals across both sections.
- Utilise our video resources to create unique and engaging content primarily across food, travel and fashion.
- A proven track record of running a section and planning and writing traffic-driving, shareable fashion and lifestyle content for a digital brand.
- The ability to write quickly, while retaining quality, legal safety and factual accuracy, as well as the witty, conversational tone our readers love and share.
- Be immersed in the world of fashion as it applies to the Cosmo reader – from an awareness of the latest industry happenings, to product launches and global social media trends.
- Have a keen interest in wider issues and trends within the lifestyle sub-sections; food, interiors, travel and careers.
- Be passionate about pushing boundaries and create content that drives the brand forward.
- A basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is an advantage but not a necessity.
- Experience managing direct reports preferred but not essential.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your CV and the below:
- Three examples of recent work (include at least one longer feature and one news article)
- One lifestyle and one fashion news story idea. Include heads, sells, picture ideas and a couple lines synopsis for each.
- One longform fashion feature idea. Include head, sell, picture ideas and a couple lines synopsis.
- One careers franchise idea.