The Independent, Economics Correspondent
- Full Time
The Independent is looking for a dynamic and experienced economics correspondent to play a key role in our coverage.
The successful applicant will have the expertise to take all of the big macroeconomic stories in their stride and be able to dive into dense reports to extract the best lines for our readers.
As a versatile writer, you will be adept at moving between breaking news, explainers and commentary. Experience on camera – or a willingness to learn – will also be an advantage.
With Brexit set to continue its domination of the news agenda, you will have a central role to play in analysing its impact and finding innovative ways to bring it to life.
- Take the lead role in breaking economics stories
- Engage readers with a range of story types, from straight news to analysis, explainers and features
- Have first-rate news sense and judgement
- Play a leading role in planning and covering set-piece economic events
- Maintain and develop excellent contacts
Skills and experience
- At least three-years experience in an economics or business reporting role in a fast-paced newsroom
- Proven ability to work quickly under tight deadline pressure
- Have a proven understanding of digital journalism and a desire to deepen your knowledge
- Be a team player who can work collaboratively with colleagues across departments
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter with salary expectation, and notice period by completing the application form below.
Apply for The Independent, Economics Correspondent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly