House Beautiful, Style Editor
We are looking for an experienced and creative individual to join our team on House Beautiful as Style Editor.
The role is for someone with excellent creative, styling, writing and editing skills and a proven track record within the interiors and design world.
Reporting into the Editor of House Beautiful, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing how style and décor comes to life across the brand. You will work with the support of the Deputy Style Editor, who directly reports into this role.
In tune with the latest trends, you’ll be responsible for developing and delivering the House Beautiful style pages, making them modern, engaging and relevant to our audience.
You’ll produce editorial content for use across the brand’s print and digital channels – creating and curating visual assets, and writing engaging copy is a key part of the role.
In addition, you will be expected to generate content for our brand licensing partners. Working under the direction of the editor, you’ll help to develop the relationship with each brand partner and create all their visual assets for use across print and digital channels.
Key areas of responsibility
- Awareness of the latest market trends, plus an innate ability to see how to translate them into inspiring and relevant editorial
- Originating editorial ideas for the magazine and supplements - working closely with the Editor to maintain balance of content through the year and to deliver against the editorial pillars
- Commissioning, directing and styling shoots, working closely with the Creative Director and Editor to evolve the visual identity and editorial direction of the magazine. Creating visual assets that are suitable for use across HB channels
- Curating relevant seasonal style stories, using existing imagery for stories that don’t require bespoke shoots.
- Working under the directorship of the Editor to develop and deliver content for all brand partnerships. This includes commissioning, directing and styling shoots for use across all channels
- Writing and editing copy for the magazine, supplements and brand partner pages
- Representing HB at key brand and PR events
- Managing and working with deputy style editor on a day-to-day basis
- Managing budgets and schedules to ensure content is always delivered on time and on budget
- We are looking for an experienced, well-connected, individual with a proven track record in the interiors and design market
- Exceptional creative conceptual skills, with the ability to translate into high quality editorial
- Extensive shooting and styling experience with good connections to the best photographers and teams in the industry
- Experience in commissioning photographers, stylists and writers, plus briefing art and picture desks
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Good understanding of how to plan and create content for multi-channel use
- Organised and hard-working, with good time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with ability to produce work on time and on budget each month
- Positive, team player with good ability to manage and motivate people, work well as part of a small team and deal with challenges calmly and efficiently
Click 'Apply' now.