ELLE Decoration, Senior Features Writer
With 25 editions and over eight million readers worldwide, ELLE Decoration is the world’s highest selling luxury modern interiors magazine, with an audience of design conscious trend setters and tastemakers.
We produce high-quality, engaging and relevant pieces on global design and interiors, as well as forecasting and setting the next interiors trends. We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
To write and pitch ideas across the breadth of ELLE Decoration features, including long length reads, profiles and news.
Key areas of responsibility
- Originate, research and write design-lead features for the ‘My Cultural Life’ page, ‘Escape’ section, House features as well as ad hoc pieces front and back of book, working closely with Features Editor to produce original ideas and ensure a consistently high standard of copy
- To work on supplements and spin-off print products, including our biannual bathroom and kitchen supplements and ELLE Decoration Country.
- Call in appropriate images, working closely with the pictures and art departments to keep them informed of layout and picture requirements
- Collaborate with other departments on features as required
- To contribute in whatever way required to the digital and social media offering
- To attend production and editorial meetings as required
- Maintain and adhere to all content deadlines
- To write and send commissioning forms as required
- To help/attend reader, brand and PR events when required (these may be in the evening)
- To read and monitor competitive magazines and digital activities within the media to keep abreast of new ideas and trends, and to be aware of the competitive set and developments within your area.
- At least 1-3 year’s experience writing for a design-lead brand, immersed in the home interiors / contemporary design world
- Excellent journalistic skills with a flair for the written word
- Have knowledge and passion for of the ELLE Decoration brand, including our key brands and designers
- Be comfortable at interviewing high profile designers and brands
- Meticulous and hyper-organised with exceptional time management skills, the ability to deal with challenges calmly and efficiently, and act upon own initiative
Click 'Apply' now.