LaingBuisson, Staff Reporter
The Staff Reporter works with our magazine editors working on our news publications in both their print and online formats.
Reporting to the Publishing Director, the role works on a day-to-day basis with LaingBuisson’s editors and has a range of duties to ensure the ongoing high-quality of the news magazine content.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Monitoring and searching news sources, identifying and researching stories to bring to the editors
- Writing breaking stories for publication on the LaingBuisson news website
- Ownership of the ‘News’ section of the print magazines
- Ownership of the ‘InPost’ (job moves) and ‘InProgress’ (new developments) section of the print magazines
- Interviewing industry professionals
- Attending sector events
- Uploading content to the website
- Some general maintenance of the webpages
- Journalism training
- Previous experience working in business journalism on a B2B title
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce crisp, accurate copy in a very tight timeframe
- Experience in writing for both online and print publications
- Experience of using content management systems (CMS)
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and desktop publishing (InDesign desirable)
- Self-starter, with the ability to work on own initiative with a minimum of supervision
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise the competing demands of a multiple title newsroom
- Knowledge of the health and social care sectors
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for LaingBuisson, Staff Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly