Hearst, Digital Designer - Content Studio
REPORTS TO: Head of Digital Design
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Content Studio at Hearst UK is looking for a Digital Designer to join the team.
We are looking for a designer who can help us grow and deliver our digital creative output as part of a broad and collaborative team. Working across all of our Hearst brands – including ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Women’s Health and Harper’s Bazaar. You will also be coming up with ideas for pitches and creating digital mock-ups to bring proactive ideas to life.
You will work with the team on creation of assets for digital content such as Snapchat video ads, Facebook Canvas designs, Instagram animations, bespoke display banners and more. You will collaborate with other designers, Art Directors, Editors and Developers to turn raw assets into brilliant creative.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver digital designs consistent with editorial brand voice and campaign strategy
- Drive the development and ideation of new commercial design opportunities
- Represent the Studio internally and externally in your position as a digital design expert to help support clients and influence campaign strategy
- Support sales staff in the creation and delivery of digital mocks and assets for pitch meetings and proposals
- Create video showreels to be used for pre-sales, awards entries and brief conversions
- Attend internal brainstorms, offer creative design expertise during ideation phases
- Convert and interpret supplied assets into successful content / ad units for our O&O sites as well as Facebook, Snapchat and beyond
- Think creatively and work with an innovative approach
- Work with a wide range of internal stakeholders to ensure that the team’s designs are delivered on time and in-line within campaign and brand guidelines
- Be able to switch styles and aesthetics to suit our different brands and social platforms. You may be designing a display banner for Good Housekeeping on one day and an Instagram meme for Cosmopolitan the next!
- Relevant industry experience within digital design – working with brands, advertising and editorial content
- Outstanding portfolio of successfully delivered projects that demonstrate a strong flair for visual communication of content, conceptual thinking and attention to detail
- Creative vision and endless ideas
- Your design skills will demonstrate aesthetic diversity applied to a variety of brands, showing an appreciation for relevant audiences
- An innovator with a passion to deliver new, interesting and well-considered creative solutions to expectant clients
- Passionate about design trends, inspired and engaged by digital innovation
- Keen understanding of user experience and interaction design, ability to champion user needs when priorities are set and understand user journeys within a commercial environment
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Demonstrate an appreciation for responsive design and communication of rich media content across various devices as part of a user journey
- Proven knowledge of Creative suite. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS would be a bonus
- Experience with Celtra, DoubleClick, and other Rich Media platforms a plus
- It is essential you are a team player – able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, collaborate with both our print and digital delivery teams and take direction from senior stakeholders
Click 'Apply' now.