COSMOPOLITAN, Motion Graphics Designer & Animator - Snapchat
REPORTS TO: Head of Social Media
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To create industry-leading visual content for COSMOPOLITAN UK’s Snapchat Discover channel.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating eye-catching animated snaps for our Snapchat Discover channel, that will grab our readers’ attention on a daily basis while staying true to the Cosmopolitan brand.
- Designing our funny, viral share snaps, games and polls, ensuring they are attention-grabbing enough to warrant our readers sharing in their thousands.
- Working closely with our Head of Social and Snapchat Discover Editor to ensure deadlines are met and the production process runs smoothly.
- Co-ordinating with the Snapchat Editor on animation ideas, themes and packages.
- A proven track record of producing high quality motion graphics and digital animations using After Effects (or similar motion graphics and visual effects software), ideally for a large media brand, is ideal.
- A strong creative eye, able to quickly turn simple picture ideas and article headlines into bright, fun, striking animations our readers will LOVE.
- Experience creating Snapchat content in any way, shape or form is a definite benefit.
- Experience using Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or similar, is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Up-to-date with advancements in animation and motion graphics, as well as new technologies, techniques and contemporary trends in digital design.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging social formats desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is open to digital animators of all levels. The ideal candidate will be chosen based on their creative flair and design style.
Click 'Apply' to submit your application and please include:
- Your CV
- A brief covering letter that explains why you are perfect for the role in no more than 400 words
- A share snap animation for: ‘Let's cuddle until 2018 is over’
- A top snap animation for this article: Two ways winter can disrupt your periods.