Inframation, EMEA News Editor
Inframation, the leading infrastructure finance intelligence service and part of Acuris, is looking for a driven scoop-focussed Journalist to spearhead our news gathering in the European, Middle Eastern and African markets.
Reporting to the Editor for EMEA, you will direct a team of four Journalists reporting real-time news and analyses on PPPs and M&A transactions for a daily bulletin.
This is an editorial management role involving reporting and editing, which would suit a senior reporter with demonstrable managerial skills and experience working as a reporter on news desks driven by off-diary content and scoops.
Knowledge of the project finance and funds market would be a distinct advantage but the position could also suit an experienced financial reporter who knows how to source exclusives in other parts of the financial market. You should also have an impressive contacts book and good knowledge of how to craft sharp and succinct stories from raw copy.
- To lead the pastoral management of the EMEA reporting team and the editing of team copy, directing team news and news analysis priorities.
- Working with the EMEA editor to ensure a daily bulletin of between 10 and 15 good quality news stories and make sure subscribers receive this at 9am or earlier each day.
- To maintain copy discipline so that mistakes and corrections are minimised if not eliminated; working with the EMEA editor to deal quickly and professionally with complaints and queries and to act quickly to publish corrections where appropriate.
- To ensure all published content is relevant to Inframation News coverage criteria and provide a full and detailed account of issues of interest to our readers.
- To lead these efforts by example through the sourcing and publication of original exclusive stories which add significant value to Inframation News content.
Inframation was established in 2002 and acquired in 2012 by Acuris, the global financial intelligence and data provider. Inframation is dedicated to the global infrastructure finance market, covering both greenfield and brownfield transactions.
We provide real-time news, actionable market intelligence, research and data that enables individuals and companies working in infrastructure finance to gain a competitive business advantage.
We are the leading provider of high value business information to the sector with over 800 corporate subscribers including many of the world's leading developers, institutional investors, private equity funds, banks, developers, law firms, advisors and insurers.
If you are interested in this position, please click 'Apply' now. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.