Legal Week, Managing Editor
ABOUT THE TEAM:
The London team at Legal Week is part of a fast-paced newsroom that covers the business of law at the city's largest law firms and legal departments, working in conjunction with ALM's global reporting team in the U.S., Hong Kong and elsewhere.
The group aggressively breaks news and works on bigger enterprise pieces, serving as a leading voice on business trends and happenings in the London legal space and beyond. The team is incredibly collaborative, fun and hard-working and led by a very respected EIC.
Legal Week, the award-winning publisher, seeks a managing editor to help oversee its leading news and analysis of the UK’s legal industry. The position reports into the Editor-in-Chief.
The job is based in London, but will involve being an important part of its parent company, American Lawyer Media, which has a global newsroom of more than 100 journalists around the world and has around 2 million visitors to its sites every month.
- Coordinating and commissioning the daily output for Legal Week’s website
- Editing and publishing stories as well as promoting content via newsletters and on social media
- Managing the website and maximizing impact of content with snappy, appealing headlines
- Managing and training reporters to deliver high-quality scoops and enterprise features
- Discovering and writing off-diary news and enterprise articles
- Monitoring a wide range of news sources for potential stories to follow up on
- Liaising with other managing editors in ALM and contributing stories to com
- Sourcing images and coming up with ideas for graphics to brief to production support
- Commissioning and editing projects such as readership surveys and career development articles
- Coordinating the production of other content and research projects
- Backing up the Editor-in-Chief as a face of the publication, occasionally sitting on panels, attending Legal Week’s events and other public-facing engagements
- The successful candidate, who will manage a team of four reporters, will ideally have several years of experience in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Legal Week reports on the business aspects of the legal industry. Knowledge of the sector is preferable but not essential
Click 'Apply' now.