Maximum PC, Staff Writer
Maximum PC is produced by an international team, made up of writers and editors in the UK and the US. The Maximum PC team works closely with the rest of the magazine teams in the Technology group, as well as with the website teams responsible for PC Gamer, Tech Radar and Games Radar.
Apart from producing content primarily for the magazine, you'll also be expected to work with these teams to help ensure that Future provides the best technology coverage across all these brands where applicable. We produce expert content that is engaging and accurate, regardless of where that content appears.
Job Summary & Purpose
Reporting to the Editor, the Staff Writer is responsible for looking after the reviews section of the magazine and ensuring the general technical content of the magazine is accurate; develop relations with PRs to get access to the latest hardware; manage and commission freelancers; check reviews for accuracy and quality of writing; develop a consistent benchmark suite across all components and develop the social media side of the magazine.
You must also respond to reasonable requests from the Editor to help create any of Maximum PC's output, including its magazines, supplements, tablet editions, digital properties, content marketing requirements and event collateral.
The job requires attention to detail, good organisation skills, a calm approach and self-discipline.
Key role responsibilities
- Write reviews, features and tutorials for the magazine.Source kit for the reviews and Build it sections (ensuring a good mix of hardware).
- Develop relations with PRs to get access to the latest hardware.
- Check reviews for accuracy and quality of writing.
- Organise movement of kit to freelancers/photography studio and post room.
- Source hardware for Tech Porn spread.
- Ensure technical content of the whole magazine is to a high level.
- Develop a consistent benchmarking regime across all components.
- Develop the Facebook and Twitter presence of Maximum PC.
Essential skills and experience
- One years' experience as a Staff Writer on a monthly consumer magazine.
- Exceptional understanding of computer technology and system building.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.Organisation and time-management skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.Ability to use InDesign, Google docs and Google Sheets.Good knowledge of software, systems and benchmarking.
- Self-motivation, responsibility, and enthusiasm.
Click 'Apply' now.