Sage, PR Manager | UK & Ireland - Maternity Cover
Reports to: Communications Director, UK &I
This role manages the external communications program for Sage in the UK & Ireland – Sage’s home market.
This manager is responsible for developing and executing regional external communication activities, supporting the Global Communications Strategy and regional business objectives.
Strategy, planning and execution
- Deliver globally aligned and locally relevant corporate, product and technology PR campaigns in the UK & Ireland
- Contributing to the UKI PR strategy and supporting the UKI Communications Director in delivery of the overall strategy
- Drive content creation and localization of global content for locally executed campaigns, news and comms events.
- Plan, execute and staff interviews and other communications events
- Build and maintain relationships with key journalists and influencers
- Guide and coordinate local PR agencies
- Support local executives with profile building activity (speaking ops, local influencer meetings etc)
- Integrate with Internal communications, marketing and other functions to ensure consistency of message across stakeholder groups
- Act as Point of Contact and provide expertise during crisis communications exercises
Skills, know-how and experience
- Good understanding of media landscape (technology, business and channel press) in UK &I
- Experience of working in an international context and within a matrix organization
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to transform technical concepts and visions into engaging stories and compelling content
- Good understanding of social, digital and other emerging media and practical skills for execution and analysis.
- Experience of working within enterprise/ fintech or cloud technology industry
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strategic understanding combined with tactical cleverness and hands-on mentality
- Experience of managing an agency team
- Technical/professional qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in tech, product or corporate PR. Experience in corporate environments or within an agency.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing communications, journalism, communications, public relations or a related field.
Key performance indicators
Develop and execute regional external comms plans to:
- Drive knowledge of Sage’s superior technology and solutions
- Beat competitors on share of voice, volume of positive coverage, message pull-through, favorability
- Create visibility and credibility for local Sage spokespeople
- Value add to local marketing and business objectives
- Demonstrated an ability to interact effectively with key journalists, influencers and partner representatives in technology, solutions and product communications
- This role helps manage an apprentice and acts as deputy Director of Communications
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Sage, PR Manager | UK & Ireland - Maternity Cover
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly