We are looking for the future of journalism. Is it you? If it is, you’ll be a forward-thinking self-starter who can make great contacts, generate your own stories and secure exclusives.
Our reporter will work across all titles, researching and writing news and features, and assisting the editors with re-search and administration. The right candidate will be equally comfortable penning on-brand tweets and interviewing high-profile industry figures.
Wildfire is a mixed media publishing company and agency that champions the niche market. We specialise in producing digital content and print platforms for the education and property sectors, among other highly targeted audiences.
To create engaging editorial content of the highest standard for the web, magazines and other platforms, conforming to house style, and to provide research, support and assistance to the editors as required. This role does not include line management responsibility.
Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Create exciting, insightful and relevant editorial content for the websites, magazines and other platforms, including exclusives and off-diary content.
- Manage time effectively to meet set deadlines across web, print and other media, and contribute to rolling news output as required.
- Source relevant required additional media – eg. photos, graphics and videos.
- Create and develop industry contacts.
- Regularly communicate with the wider editorial team to contribute to the smooth running of the department.
- Liaise with other departments, such as marketing and sales, for the wider benefit of the com-pany.
- Always work within accepted style, quality, law and balance requirements.
- Provide cover for team members as required.
- Oversee the creation of content in addition to news, such as interviews and features, and assist editors with research tasks and interview transcription.
- Undertake data collection and analysis.
- Upload content to editorial websites.
- Help to shape the future of Wildfire’s editorial offerings across all platforms by being open to ex-ploring varied media and methods of presentation, including social media, podcasts, newsletters, webinars, conference addresses, white paper production, judging panels and hosting roundtable discussions.
- Maintain an editorial diary to help with planning and special reports.
- Perform quality control assessments for external materials, such as advertorials or partnership content.
- Represent Wildfire at external events.
- Content creation across different platforms (online, print, audio and video)
- Managing an editorial diary, forward planning for features
- Communication with other departments in the business for mutual gain, and to avoid confusion
Key skills required
- Trained in news writing, copy subbing and news editing
- Thorough working knowledge of InDesign and WordPress
- Excellent written, verbal and organisational skills
- Outstanding working knowledge of the education sector
- Conversant with the basics of social media and SEO, and willing to improve
- Experience of video and audio capture and editing (preferred)
Personal attributes required
- Excellent organisational ability and attention to detail
- Able to positively contribute to a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team
- Willingness to participate in continual learning
- Able to network and develop relationships
- Intuitive to business needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Sounds good? Please send a CV and covering letter explaining what you can bring to our titles by completing the application form below by 31 January.
We regret that we will only be able to contact successful applicants.