Caters News Agency, Video Researcher (Birmingham or Manchester)
Who are we?
Caters News Agency is the UK's oldest independent press agency, founded by Herbert Cater in 1927.
Since then, we have grown to become a truly global news, picture and video agency and are a trusted content supplier to hundreds of editorial and commercial clients worldwide.
Today, the Caters group has more than 60 staff working out of seven offices on five continents – our Birmingham HQ, New York, Los Angeles, New Delhi and Sydney bureaux, and the Manchester and Liverpool offices of our sister agency Mercury Press.
As part of our video team, our researchers provide TV networks, websites and social media pages with top quality footage every day – covering everything from breaking news to viral videos, which get everyone talking.
This is the perfect chance to join a young and vibrant video team in our office in the heart of Birmingham’s rapidly growing Jewellery Quarter or Manchester, just outside of the Northern Quarter.
Who are you?
- We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual with the confidence to contact and persuade contributors to work with us on their videos.
- You should be a hard-working person who is determined to source the newest and best in video content from around the world.
- You will be comfortable in working as part of a team, ensuring communication is made both with peers and superiors to ensure a smooth licensing process.
- The right candidate will be well versed in using social media to source and contact potential stories.
- Strong written and speaking English is a must. Conversational knowledge of one foreign language is desired, but not essential.
- The right candidate will be results-driven and not afraid of targets, with the self-assurance necessary to represent the company externally to clients and customers.
Please complete the application form below to submit a CV and cover letter, including explanation of your current right to work.
All candidates must have full working rights in the UK.