This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced journalist or features writer to join the friendly team of two well-established trade magazines. As a Features Editor you will deliver the editorial strategy and write, commission and edit print and online content. Based in London, this role would be the perfect fit for a driven senior reporter with the will to develop quality publications.
- Source, commission and write features as well as some news stories
- Generate story leads and advise editor on publication schedule
- Manage features desk so copy is delivered on time and to high quality standards
- Act as editorial contact for clients and participate to meetings
- Produce engaging content, tailored to audience’s needs
- Manage freelancers and ensure quality of content, copy-editing and rewriting copy
- Represent publication externally, attending press events and product launches
- Build strong relationships with key industry contacts
Experience / skills required:
- Experience as a journalist or features editor within B2B publishing
- Experience commissioning copy and managing reporters/freelancers
- Commercial awareness and understanding of how features support sales targets
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the confidence to deal with senior stakeholders
- Ability to gather feedback from audience and understand readers’ needs
- Solid organisation and planning skills, able to manage workload and hit deadlines
- Creative thinker with problem solving skills
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.