Real Deals, Deputy Editor
Real Deals, Europe’s highly respected private equity title, is looking for a new deputy editor to join its team and play a leading role in taking the publication forward. We’re excited and committed to build on a highly-successful financial period for this influential brand.
We are looking for a journalist who understands what our readers want, has a track record of delivering great content online and in print and has the skills to take control of the production process.
An important part of role is also to drive the title’s news and analysis coverage. You are either a section editor ready to take on a bigger role or a highly-capable reporter with a passion for editorial content who wants to apply your skills in a strategic position.
This a great opportunity for a talented trade journalist who wants to take responsibility for the production of a respected B2B title and direct its content agenda. The position is ideal for someone who is creative, able to take initiative and wants the freedom to make decisions and exercise judgement.
More about Real Deals
Real Deals is owned by Caspian Media, an award-winning media agency, events business and brand owner. Real Deals has been publishing for nearly 20 years and has built up a loyal, high-value readership that has continued to grow steadily over the years. The title publishes fortnightly in print, and daily online and via email.
You will play a key role in a talented, knowledgeable five-strong editorial team and alongside the editor take charge of producing off-diary news and high-quality analysis for Real Deals’ across all of its channels.
To learn more about working with us, please click here.
- Work daily with the team to develop a strong news offering for the web and email newsletter
- Take responsibility for editing and sending the daily news alert
- Edit a range of copy from the team, from short news stories to 2,000-word features, ensuring articles are well-written, accurate and engaging
- Curate the Real Deals website, ensuring that content is properly displayed, headlines are strong, various sections are kept up to date and SEO best practice is adhered to
- Work closely with the designer, suggesting layout ideas and editing pages within InDesign
- Oversee the proof-reading process, provide final sign-off on pages and liaise with the production house
- Work with the team of reporters to improve their copy, build their knowledge of the industry and guide them through complex topics
- Represent the publication at industry events and chair panels and roundtables
- Work closely with the sales team to deliver sponsored content and events
- Build relationships with senior industry executives
- Work with the editor to shape the publication’s strategy, develop ideas for new types of content, growth initiatives, etc
- Deputise for the editor as required
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter stating your salary expectation to Real Deals Publishing Director, Ram Kumar, by completing the application form below.