MLex, Senior Reporter - Financial Services
Global regulatory risk newswire MLex is seeking an experienced financial reporter to join our financial-services team in London. The reporter will focus on covering UK-based regulators while also contribute to our European and global coverage.
The beat involves covering regulation, legislation and enforcement actions that impact banks, insurers capital markets, investment firms and other financial services providers.
The role involves writing exclusive and on-diary news articles to a high standard, as well as analysis pieces on major regulatory developments. The reporter is expected to deliver forward looking analysis and accurate scoops on their beat, to give our readers the inside track on regulatory risk.
Who is MLex:
MLex, a division of Lexis Nexis, is a global news organization that specializes in predictive analysis of regulatory risk.
Our expert investigative journalists and analysts based in London, Brussels, New York, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Hong Kong, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo and Sao Paulo track material changes to laws that affect business, commerce and trade.
We provide market defining intelligence and analysis to finance, investment and legal professionals, and to the executives who define their corporations’ key regulatory risk management strategies.
Key result areas:
Complement and enhance our existing financial services coverage. Become a senior voice of authority within the company and to the outside world on the beat.
- Experience reporting and writing in a fast-paced newsroom environment such as a wire or daily newspaper.
- Experience of business or financial journalism
- Proven track record and drive to seek exclusive stories and develop MLex's coverage
- Excellent writing and reporting skills to meet the exacting standards of accuracy our readership expects.
- An ability to develop and maintain good relations with sources
- Fluent level of English is required. Other European languages will be taken into account.
MLex offers an attractive employment package, with competitive salaries to attract and keep talented journalists.
This is an ideal opportunity to become part of a large and growing team at the heart of a thriving, growing and trusted news-media company.
The position is based in London.
Click 'Apply' now.