Real Deals, Senior Reporter
An opportunity has opened up for a talented senior reporter to join our Real Deals news desk at award-winning media agency Caspian Media.
Real Deals is a successful in private equity title with a loyal, high-value audience. We deliver characterful and opinionated coverage of a fascinating industry, whether it be online or in our fortnightly print magazine. Real Deals events, underpinned by the excellent content we produce, are recognised as best in class by our peers and audience.
To learn more about working with us, please click here.
The successful candidate will be a journalist who is interested in business, has worked as a business reporter for a few years and is ready to take on more responsibility and independence.
The candidate will be comfortable breaking off-diary news and writing long form feature content for the web, email and print.
The candidate will also be ready to take responsibility for certain sections of the title and work closely with the Editor and Deputy Editor to manage the production process and set the editorial agenda and strategy.
This role provides a pathway to building the experience and skills needed to make the next move into a Deputy Editor or Editor role.
Day-to-day would include
- Breaking off-diary news stories for the web
- Contributing to a hugely popular and influential daily email newsletter
- Producing well-researched long-form feature content
- Building up a network of industry contacts
- Taking editorial control of certain sections of the brand and special reports
- Involvement in the production and curation of Real Deals online, in print and via email
Right person, right skills
- Undergraduate degree and NCTJ qualification or equivalent
- 12 to 24 months experience as a journalist
- A passion for the written word online and in print
- A real knack for sourcing off-diary news stories
- Familiarity with InDesign
- An interest in business and finance will be an advantage
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter stating your salary expectation to Real Deals Publishing Director, Ram Kumar, by completing the application form below.