Journalist (Part Time)
Are you a confident and motivated journalist looking to write for a healthcare magazine on a part-time basis? In this role based in central London you will research and create news and features for the website and monthly print publication of a healthcare charity. Working closely with the Editor, this is a great opportunity to produce engaging content for a variety of audiences. Please note that this is a permanent part-time role (17.5 hours per week).
- Source and write news, analysis and features for a website and monthly print magazine
- Edit, sub-edit and proofread copy, ensuring deadlines are met and in-house style is consistent
- Conduct interviews with staff members and key industry stakeholders to write case studies and profiles
- Attend and report on conferences and events
- Develop and maintain a strong network of key industry contacts
- Contribute to social media on behalf of the organisation
- Assist with production of the magazine where required
Experience / skills required:
- Experience writing for print and online, ideally for a professional or healthcare audience
- Excellent research, writing, proofreading, interviewing and sub-editing skills
- Strong communication and the ability to build relationships with colleagues and external contacts
- Ability to organise and prioritise workflow to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of MS Office and InDesign
- The ability to travel to attend conferences
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.