GlobalCapital, Graduate Trainee Reporter
GlobalCapital, the capital markets newspaper, is looking for enthusiastic, hard working graduate reporters to join its editorial team in London.
The job will involve covering an area of the capital markets from your first day on the job, building relationships with contacts, sourcing original content and breaking news. The job requires writing daily news stories as well as longer, more analytical pieces and opinion for the weekly edition, all to strict deadlines.
An demonstrable interest in both being a journalist and in financial markets is essential.
The right candidate will have a nose for news, and will be willing to work hard to become part of both the fabric of the market they cover and the GlobalCapital newsroom. This will involve going to meetings, taking contacts out for lunches and drinks, and attending — and sometimes speaking at — industry events. International travel will sometimes be required.
GlobalCapital trainee reporters work under direct supervision of a section editor to receive on-the-job training. They are also enrolled on Euromoney Institutional Investor’s prestigious and well respected graduate trainee programme which involves formal classroom training and coursework.
- Identifying and writing daily news stories to deadline in a compelling and interesting style
- Writing news analysis pieces and opinion weekly paper when required
- Building and maintaining relationships with contacts
- Work well with the team, helping colleagues and contributing to other sections when necessary
- Participating in weekly editorial meetings and pitching interesting and original ideas for stories
- Occasional travel abroad for conferences and meetings with contacts
- Demonstrable interest in both journalism and capital markets
- The ability to work under time pressures and meet deadlines
- Willingness to extend your knowledge and understanding of your beat and to learn how to write in the house style
Click 'Apply' now.