Real Response Media, Digital Content Editor
Real Response Media are looking to employ a Digital Content Editor to join their busy editorial team.
The role is a newly created one and reflects the ambition and commitment of the business to becoming a significant digital publisher in the holiday cruise sector.
Your role will be to create, set and manage the content strategy for the worldofcruising.co.uk and cruisetradenews.com websites and their respective social media channels in line with editorial, traffic and commercial requirements. Key tasks will involve working with the editors of both teams to shape, develop and maximise the reach of the two recently redesigned sites.
We are looking for someone with experience of working with editorial teams who is able to demonstrate evidence of achieving significant growth through organic SEO versus PPC.
The ideal candidate:
You should have excellent digital skills - the ideal candidate will be a confident user of analytics, content management systems, keyword research tools and social media.
You will also be adept at researching new content areas using tools such as AdWords Keyword Planner, Buzzsumo and Newswhip Spike, as well as having the ability to act as a digital mentor to the editorial teams, helping them to generate content that delivers great traffic levels to the sites.
In addition, you will be experienced at performing regular competitor analysis using tools such as Hitwise, Ahrefs and SEMrush – this is an essential skill as RRM’s brands seek to establish their full digital potential and their keyword battlegrounds.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Establish a clear content strategy for each of the websites with monthly growth targets.
- Manage the delivery of content onto the websites to achieve traffic and commercial objectives.
- Manage the delivery of content onto social media platforms to deliver engagement and to drive traffic to the websites.
- Ensure the tone and content of the websites reflects that of the brand and ensure the websites’ content has accuracy and integrity.
- Develop a network of external contributors to provide a broad range of relevant content.
- Manage the content costs within the websites and ensure costs are kept within agreed budgets.
- Deliver editorial content to the websites and contribute content to other platforms as required.
- Maximise SEO through enthusiastic and confident use of available tools.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to deliver availability for key campaigns.
- Seek to identify ways to improve website performance – through identifying functionality improvements, content development and SEO tactics.
- Represent RRM within the industry and ensure RRM’s relationships with key industry personnel are maintained and developed.
Key Skills Required:
The successful candidate will need to possess the following skills:
- Digital expertise with proven ability to drive traffic to deliver editorial, traffic, and commercial objectives.
- An interest in the holiday cruise market.
- An inquisitive and challenging mind that is always looking for a good story.
- An ability to manage and motivate a small direct team to achieve strong results.
- At ease with social media and keen to keep up to date with latest media trends.
- Enthusiastic and creative – not prepared to stand still and keen to progress.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Real Response Media, Digital Content Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly