The Sun, Senior SEO Editor - Online
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Our hugely successful SEO team sits at the core of our publishing operation and is constantly evolving, driving search traffic, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty with our readers.
Our senior SEO editors work on a rota so regular evening (usually one week a month) and weekend (usually once a month) work is essential to this exciting, rewarding role.
- Represent the department at editorial conferences, report on key search trends and give specific actions.
- Take responsibility for a specific section of the site and drive, monitor and report on SEO success.
- Ensure subject desks and SEO journalists write about SEO priorities in the most effective way and manage their workflow.
- Make SEO recommendations to journalists on individual articles (EG headlines and keywords) - both proactively and in response to requests for help.
- Edit live articles to match SEO best practice.
- Pre-plan for future articles and events by building out topics, doing keyword research for upcoming exclusives or events, and coming up with SEO plans.
- Use a range of analytics tools to report regularly on top pages/articles driving SEO traffic.
- Train and mentor the more junior SEO editors.
- Essential: Editorial background with experience in a digital publishing environment and of reacting quickly to breaking news and changing search trends.
- Essential: Good understanding of the technical principles behind editorial SEO
- Essential: Experience of optimising websites for SEO
- Essential: Familiar with a range of SEO tools
- Desirable: Experience of working within Wordpress
Apply by completing the application form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.