The Sun, Video Discovery Producer
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun Online is the biggest online news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
We are looking for a passionate and driven discovery producer to source videos that our competitors haven't found yet. You'll search the web - from Twitter to Facebook, YouTube to Reddit to get a video first for The Sun. You will also be responsible clearing everything from viral clips to breaking news.
Day to day you will:
- Search the internet to find engaging videos that our competitors haven't yet seen
- Work on clearing content
- Verify footage from breaking news situations using your editorial judgement
- Work to strict deadlines
- Work closely building relationships with external video agencies
What we're looking for from you:
- Remain calm under pressure and deliver your work at a consistently high standard
- Possess a pro-active, positive attitude, good team skills and a willingness to take on any task
- Use your own initiative to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Ideally you will have experience working collaboratively across multidisciplinary teams
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Previous newsroom experience would be advantageous
- Video editing and shooting is also preferable along with a strong knowledge of old viral videos
- An understanding and knowledge of copyright law would be beneficial
Apply by completing the application form below.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual's potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.