African Business Magazine, Digital Editor
African Business Magazine, Africa’s leading monthly business title, is seeking a Digital Editor.
The ideal candidate will be a digitally savvy journalist, with demonstrable expertise in social media platforms and search engine optimisation. They will have significant experience in online journalism and a proven track record of boosting website clicks and social media followers.
They will also have a keen interest in African business and political news and an awareness of how to reach out to an audience of African business representatives and policymakers.
The Digital Editor will administer our website africanbusinessmagazine.com, ensuring content is relevant, up to date and attractively presented via regular postings of interesting stories.
As well as producing regular content of their own, they will work closely with the editorial team of the monthly African Business Magazine to tailor magazine content for the web and ensure that it reaches the widest possible audience.
An impeccable writing style, attention to detail, and an ability to meet tight deadlines are crucial. They will also have the opportunity to contribute features and other content to the magazine.
The digital editor will oversee the crucial job of boosting African Business Magazine’s social media following on Twitter and Facebook. They will use social media to promote AB’s editorial output, brand and events, and ensure that our content reaches new audiences in Africa and around the world.
They will craft a unique social media voice that will allow AB to promote its brand and expand its audience. The candidate will have significant experience of using WordPress to deliver compelling online content.
- Write and publish exclusive web-only stories relating to breaking business news and trending topics
- Picture & video editing
- Post content onto our website using CMS
- Compose weekly newsletter
- Complete other digital media projects as assigned
- Update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts
- Track and spot new social media and digital trends
- Post news in a timely manner following our digital media calendar
- Engage & monitor social media for any mentions of our brands and respond in a timely manner
- Experience with analytics tools (Google Analytics, social media monitoring tools, etc.)
- Media and tech savvy
- Experience with CMS, specifically WordPress
- Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- SEO optimisation knowledge
- Educated to degree level
- Photography/videography editing experience (optional)
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable working in collaboration
Candidates should send their CV and three writing samples by completing the application form below.