ITV News, Digital Content Producer
Our people are at the heart of everything we do at ITN. It’s vital that our workforce reflects the diversity of both our audience and the wider society in the UK, so we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
We also recognise the importance of a good work life balance, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process if this is something you want to explore.
JOB TITLE: DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER
DEPARTMENT: ITV NEWS
REPORTING TO: SENIOR DIGITAL EDITOR
You will be responsible for the creation of digital content for ITV News on digital platforms and social media.
We’re looking for an experienced digital journalist who will play a key role in leading big breaking and general news coverage across all ITV News digital platforms.
The content producer will work closely with all departments across ITV News to create high-quality, trustworthy and distinctive content and make the most of our original journalism.
You will secure maximum impact for ITV News’ television material online – selling it as effectively as possible – and understand how to re-edit television material for digital platforms in mind.
The successful candidate will have experience in pitching story ideas, writing and presenting an original daily news list, and writing and subbing news stories. Weekend and shift work will be regular as will running the desk alone on shifts.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES / WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Decide on the distribution of ITV News content on social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter, and having a strong understanding of headline writing for search and social is a must.
- Be buzzing with ideas and contribute to planning and developing original story ideas.
- Have experience of clipping news video for quick publication onsite and social is also desired as is knowledge of video - and how to use videos to tell stories online.
- Be a strong team player who is equally comfortable delegating tasks and getting stuck in when a big story breaks.
- Be skilled at writing accurate copy in an engaging way with great attention to detail.
- Experience of working on a national news website is essential as you’ll need to thrive under the pressure of a national newsroom.
- Be able to spot the buried lede or bring a fresh angle to the biggest national stories of the day.
- This role will involve regular early and late shifts, including weekend work.
These are the main requirements of the role and is not an exhaustive list of duties. It is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which will change over time.
- Digitally savvy and ability to work to the highest editorial standards.
- Highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail around often complex and controversial material.
- Strong digital news judgement – with a knowledge of what will play well on social.
- Ability to innovate in formats on TV and digital media.
- Expert understanding and knowledge of social media, working across a wide variety of platforms.
- Experience of writing for and posting online content via a Content Management System.
- Knowledge and experience of news and current affairs.
- High quality news judgement.
- Editorial creativity and imagination.
- Ability to work autonomously and under own initiative.
- Flair for expressing stories visually.
- Excellent writing ability.
- Highly developed understanding of complex legal situations and understanding of ITN Legal Compliance procedures.
- Understanding of ITV News agenda.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player with personal authority and the ability to manage a group of people.
- Calm under pressure with the ability to adapt and be flexible in task and role.
- Ability to work to a deadline
Closing date: 24 January 2019
Click 'Apply' now.