Hearst Made, Deputy Editor
Department: Asda Good Living
Reports to: Editor
To conceive and deliver exciting, original content for Asda primarily for the print magazine but also to contribute to digital brainstorming.
To commission well respected, expert freelancers to produce the content for all areas of the magazine apart from recipes. To edit this content to achieve high quality, engaging and accurate copy for Asda Good Living magazine. To help the editor manage the team and workflow.
- To plan features each month with the editor – to work with the Asda brief to ensure key product messages are covered using engaging feature ideas.
- To build up a great bank of freelancers who can write to the right tone of voice for Asda
- To write some features or news pieces each month as required by editor
- To commission and edit features for all areas of the magazine from health to beauty to lifestyle features
- To come up with specials, themes and innovative feature ideas for the magazine according to brief from client
- To support the web team by sharing knowledge of print plans and specials
- To adhere to schedules throughout the production cycle.
- To read and monitor competitive titles and other activities to keep abreast of new ideas and trends, and to be aware of the competitive set across all platforms.
- To represent the brand, where appropriate, attending relevant events, including reader events, which may be in the evening.
- To forge and maintain links with PRs, advertisers and outside organisations, promoting Asda and clarifying its editorial stance as required.
- Substantial editing experience on big brand
- Ability to present creative, innovative feature ideas
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work accurately and to deadline.
- Strong communication skills and a good team leader
- Enthusiastic and with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A bulging contacts book of relevant freelancers
- Great editing skills – ability to turn a feature into a ‘must read’
- Experience on lifestyle brand
- Degree level in a relevant field.
- Working knowledge of Censhare
Click 'Apply' now.