MoneySavingExpert.com, Senior Money Writer - FTC | 3 Days Per Week
At Moneysupermarket Group we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential.
The environment in our London, Ewloe and Manchester offices is open plan and collaborative. Our dress code is informal and you’ll get to work with friendly and supportive colleagues.
All of our roles are open to flexibility and we offer competitive salaries plus benefits including 27 days holiday, pension, a health cash plan, life assurance and bonus potential, as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Best of all though, we are passionate about making a real difference – helping your friends, family and neighbours, along with every other household in the UK, to save money.
Why Join MoneySavingExpert.com?
MoneySavingExpert.com is proud to be the UK's biggest consumer website, with about 15 million users a month.
We are dedicated to cutting your bills and fighting your corner with journalistic research, cutting-edge tools and a massive community – all focused on finding deals, saving cash and campaigning for financial justice.
More than 11 million people have signed up to receive our weekly email, which is packed full of deals, loopholes and money-saving guides. We have been able to harness the collective power of our users to get them the best deals from providers.
With more than 1.5 million users and about 3 million discussion threads, our forum is an active and passionate community where people help one another to get out of debt, secure better deals and find ways to make the most of their cash.
Why join the editorial team?
We’re looking for a talented, hungry and experienced journalist to join our Money team to deliver regular news stories and content for the weekly email, as well as writing and updating a wide range of guides.
Reporting to the Money Editor, you will make sure content can be fully understood by readers and is in line with MSE’s style, as well as structured in an engaging and easily-navigable way.
You will be heavily involved in the planning side of things, ensuring we have regular and timely content.
As well as being a top-notch journalist who can explain complicated subjects in an easy-to-read manner, you’ll have an analytical mind and meticulous attention to detail to ensure every word you publish is absolutely spot-on, so our 15 million unique users a month always get accurate and timely information.
What will I be doing?
- Keeping on top of trends in the personal finance sphere, spotting opportunities for news stories and investigations. You will have to be/become an expert in your subject area.
- Updating guides and writing new content for the weekly email
- Checking accuracy of product details in MoneySavingExpert guides, tools and the weekly email.
- Uploading information on new and existing products to the website, ensuring 100% accuracy and reliability.
- Working closely with other writers to advise of market developments and suggest restructuring of guides on personal finance topics such as credit cards, savings and investments.
- Involved in strategic planning of content.
- Contribute to MSE’s social media channels.
What skills and experience do I need?
Ideally you’ll have worked for a consumer-facing publication/website or newspaper before and will be a senior journalist.
- Knowledge of personal finance and consumer issues
- A flair for writing and the ability to bring to life often-complex subjects
- A proven track record working as a journalist
- A passion for being first with stories and bagging exclusives
- Be a stickler for accuracy
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong time management/prioritisation skills
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working for a personal finance publication or website
- Familiarity with SEO
Click 'Apply' now.