Future, Reviews Editor - Consumer Goods
Future plc is an international publishing and media group, and a leading digital business. Founded in 1985 with one magazine, today we have offices in London, Bath, Bournemouth, Bromsgrove, New York, San Francisco and Sydney. At Future we believe in teamwork that transcends location.
Future is a global platform for specialist media with scalable, diversified brands.
We strive to create fans of our brands by giving them a place where they want to spend their time, where they go to meet their needs; continuing to create loyal communities.
We are expanding our global reach through organic growth, acquisitions and strategic partnerships while diversifying our monetisation models to create significant revenue streams.
Our focus is in the core areas of consumer technology, games & entertainment, music, knowledge & science, field sports, home interests and photography & design. At Future, we're constantly innovating and we are passionate about what we do!
Behind our titles is a team of world-class editorial, creative and tech talent working together to connect, inspire and entertain our global audience. Sitting alongside are a team of business specialists, commercial and enabling functions who support every aspect of Future's operations.
With superbrands such as PC Gamer, TechRadar, GamesRadar+, MusicRadar & TeamRock, Future's digital properties complement its print portfolio, reaching millions of unique visitors globally each month. We have successful and growing revenue streams in international licensing, contract publishing, eCommerce and a rich portfolio of events.
Future's Ecommerce department is a highly innovative and fast-moving part of our business that is staffed by a combination of digital development specialists, highly skilled online journalists and business experts.
Together they are developing new approaches to content creation and presentation that help audiences to discover the right products for their needs and buy them at the best prices - all this is underpinned by best-in-class, independent journalism, written by passionate experts.
Job Summary & Purpose
We're looking for a skilled and driven digital journalist with an interest in consumer goods and a talent for offering first class buying advice to take on this exciting role working across global websites including TechRadar.com, T3.com and RealHomes.com.
Reporting to the Global Editor-in-Chief of T3.com, as Reviews Editor you will be responsible for generating content that reviews, rates and recommends white goods and household appliances. From washing machines and dishwashers to fridge-freezers, vacuum cleaners and microwaves you will become the UK's foremost expert in what's hot and what's not!
These reviews are designed to provide essential information to people in the market to buy consumer durables, so you should be a first-rate writer with up-to-date digital skills with a strong working knowledge of review formats and objective testing environments.
You'll need to have your finger on the pulse to ensure the websites are always up to date and, in many cases, ahead of the curve.
Consequently, you'll need to develop strong PR contacts and fantastic organisational skills; a talent for writing sharp, quality content; strong SEO knowledge or the ability to learn quickly, as well as the ability to adapt while working in a fast-paced and ambitious environment.
Key role responsibilities
- Developing test formats for product categories including dishwashers, washing machines and vacuum cleaners
- Writing buying guides for Future's websites as per a content plan agreed with the Global Editor-in-Chief
- Ensuring the buying guides talk about products that are of interest to the audience at various price points
- Ensure the audience for these guides is maximised in line with best practice SEO
- Commissioning content from freelance contributors
- Ensuring that reviews deliver not just excellent and informative content for users but also encourage them to click through and purchase where appropriate
- Monitor performance of these articles and assess next steps as required
- Update existing buying guides on the site and ensure they remain relevant and rank highly
- Employ your understanding of different audience types to ensure the effectiveness of the content at different price points
Essential skills and experience
- Proven ability to write high quality engaging review-based content
- Interest in and a passion for consumer trends and products
- An existing understanding of SEO best practices and the ability to quickly develop these skills
- Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies
- Knowledge and experience of content management systems
- A great eye for the aesthetic, with the ability to bring content to life through stunning imagery and intuitive article layouts
- Ability to work as part of, and be a leader within, a wider team
- Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data
- Excellent communication skills between both PR and internal contacts
- Representing Future brands externally at events and launches when relevant
Click 'Apply' now.