Future, Deals Editor
Job Summary & Purpose
We're looking for skilled and driven digital journalists who know how to find great deals.
You'll be responsible for spotting the cheapest prices, insightful deal trends and hottest discounts and then writing about them to serve the massive audience across Future's family of leading websites.
You'll need to be able to write accurately and compellingly to tell the world about deals, including regular news pieces, comprehensive buying guides and regular updates to core pages.
To do so, you'll need fantastic organisational and time-management skills, a talent for writing sharp, quality content, managing multiple audience strategies at once including SEO and social, as well as the ability to adapt quickly while working in a fast paced and ambitious environment.
Key role responsibilities
- Commissioning, managing and writing some of the site's most important eCommerce content including buying guides and news stories
- Ensuring that all content has an audience strategy at its heart
- Unearthing and exploring new opportunities for content initiatives based on seasonal patterns, new trends, keyword research or eCommerce opportunities
- Liaising and harmonising with other teams in the business whether that be audience development, affiliates or content hubs
Essential skills and experience
- Proven ability to write high quality engaging content
- An existing understanding of SEO best practises and the ability to quickly develop these skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a 'right first time' approach to your writing
- Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies
- Knowledge and experience of content management systems
- Ability to work as part of a wider teamAble to interpret and use audience behavioural data to inform content strategy
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal and external stakeholder
- An interest and expertise in technology and gadgets, including knowledge around the mobile phone and broadband market in the UK.
Click 'Apply' now.