Hearst UK Digital, Video Lead - Originals
The Video Lead, Originals will own the programming lineup for our original video and run the day-to-day video operations and production across multiple platforms and brands, including Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, Men’s Health and Women’s Health.
Reporting into the Executive Director of Digital Editorial Strategy, you will be responsible for the editorial strategy and execution around our series-led video formats and marquee video moments, ranging from A-Lister interviews to hard-hitting longform.
Managing a team of videographers, you’ll oversee the creation of beautifully shot and produced original video for multiple titles, that will delight our digital audiences, while remaining within budget and brief.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee development, execution and delivery of all video products, across multiple platforms and multiple brands.
- Work closely with editorial teams to develop their video strategy and identity, identifying key growth opportunities.
- Help those teams meet video audience growth goals across various platforms.
- Manage a team of in-house videographers to ensure we are producing video of the highest quality that will delight and surprise our audiences.
- Oversee the business aspect of our video output, managing budgets and identifying new revenue opportunities.
- Create and implement a functional video archive system for each brand and oversee its management and upkeep.
- Develop and maintain external relationships with sales, editorial and insights teams to support growth.
- Vision to experiment with formats and storytelling techniques.
- Forecast video trends and emerging platforms to meet new video audiences.
- Shoot, direct and edit internally produced video content as and when required.
- A proven track record of directing and shooting high-quality internet-forward video content.
- A seemingly endless ability to generate concepts for videos and franchises.
- Experience editing video using the likes of Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut Pro.
- Experience repurposing video into different social media formats.
- Advanced understanding of post-production workflows and media management.
- Photoshop and digital design knowledge, to produce title cards and overlays on video.
- Experience filming fashion shoots and close-up beauty tutorials is preferred and experience working with celebrity talent also a definite plus.
- Deep understanding of social video platforms like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat, and the ability to measure performance through detailed analysis.
- Experience hiring a crew, scouting locations.
- Ability to estimate cost and number of shoot days when ideating video concepts.
- Passionate about Hearst’s brands, with the ability to change styles/aesthetics to suit different titles.
- Expertise in budgeting and financial reporting.
- Strong relationships with key players in the video space, including producers, directors and production companies and talent agencies.
- Keen knowledge of different video styles, formats and distribution trends.
- Experience in sound recording would be of benefit.
Click 'Apply' now.
- Your CV
- A brief cover letter, explaining why you are perfect for this role in no more than 500 words
- 3 examples of your work that you feel are relevant to this role
- A link to any showreels or portfolios you may have