finder.com, Content Marketing / Data Journalist
Millions of people globally trust finder.com to help them make better decisions. Due to our rapid UK growth, we are moving into new offices next to London Bridge station at the start of 2019 and we have some empty desks we need to fill with talented people!
- Join the UK's fastest-growing personal finance comparison site & shopping site.
- Work from our cool new London Bridge office next to Borough Market.
- Drive original content marketing campaigns that attract quality links.
- Create data-driven articles, blog posts, illustrations and tools which are useful and shareable.
- Have your creations featured in leading publications and websites.
During 2018, our content marketing and PR team acquired links from bbc.co.uk, guardian.com, huffingtonpost.co.uk, lonelyplanet.com, dailymail.co.uk, mirror.co.uk, inverse.com, ftadviser.com and hundreds of other quality publications and sites.
Examples of our popular content marketing and survey stories included:
Who You Are
Link-bait makes you cringe and traditional infographics bore you! You want to produce world-leading data driven content marketing campaigns with insight and creativity.
You have proven experience in contemporary content marketing concepts and methodologies. With a passion for data-driven content marketing, you’re a proactive results-driven and results-focused leader.
You might have a degree (or you might not!) and a few years of experience in a role that grows website traffic through content marketing. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are constantly looking for opportunities to grow websites and you love to hustle to hit growth targets and projections.
You enjoy the challenge of going up against tough competition and winning. Complacency isn't a word in your dictionary; you are a proactive go-getter and you just don't understand why things can't get done right now!
You are skilled in content marketing and content management, and consider yourself to have strong search engine optimisation skills. You work hard and know what you need to do to achieve individual and company goals.
Who We Are
This is your opportunity to join finder.com, the UK's fastest-growing personal finance comparison & shopping site.
We are part of a global group with the goal of sharing useful knowledge that helps the world make better decisions - whether that's teaching people how to save on loan interest, or how to get a deal on that perfect dress. We hire great people to maintain and keep our cool company culture.
We want to change the way this country thinks and we'd love for you to be a part of that mission! If you're energetic, savvy and passionate, then we want you to work with us! Learn more about us here: finder.com/uk/careers.
- Research and find interesting data or trends that Finder can analyse and present in new and innovative ways
- Build the stats and content pages that news outlets and websites will link to
- Write engaging text (along with the occasional press release) to accompany the content that Finder will publish
- Help lead ideation sessions to generate unique content ideas
- Work with PR manager and outreach resources to promote content and stories and help with all of the above for traditional PR activities
- Work with publishing team to drive targeted links to key content areas.
- Write, publish and optimise articles and content on finder.com/uk
- Recruit and manage freelancers as needed to deliver world-leading content
- Monitor the news and spot opportunities for reactive comments and stories
- Track PR/content coverage and contribute to the coverage log and media lists
- Innovate and improve our current strategies, tactics and processes
- This role reports to the UK PR Manager
The main responsibility of this role is to generate quality innovative data-driven content that attracts links from popular publications and sites in the most profitable way for the business.
- University degree or similar education
- 1 to 5 years in a data journalist of content marketing role
- Good understanding contemporary content marketing and link acquisition
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Organised with excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Confident and excellent communicator with a keen attention to detail
- A passionate start-up culture and working environment (think experiments and great coffee).
- All the resources that you need to be successful and achieve amazing results.
- A steady stream of engaging, challenging and rewarding projects.
- Competitive package and ongoing recognition for results.
- Close to an abundance of shops, cafes and great places for lunch and drinks
- Perks include: free lunches, breakfast cereal, fruit, snacks, Nespresso all provided.
- Friday drinks at 4:30pm and other regular social functions (VR, go-karting, crazy golf, darts, dinners, axe-throwing)
- High-end spec workstation including Aeron Chair, new Macbook Pro and 27in high-res monitor.
- We operate a transparent and inclusive business where all employees are encouraged to contribute.
- Office moving to London Bridge in February 2019 (currently East Croydon)
Role would suit: content marketing executive or manager / social media executive or manager / SEO marketing executive or manager / digital content executive or manager / content strategist / link building executive or manager / data journalist / SEO executive or manager / digital marketing executive or manager / data journalist
Click 'Apply' now.