Millions of people globally trust finder.com to help them make better decisions. Due to our rapid UK growth, we are moving into new offices next to London Bridge station at the start of 2019 and we have some empty desks we need to fill with talented people!
- Are you a talented and outgoing editor or deputy who loves the latest fintech?
- Then come and join the UK's fastest-growing comparison & shopping site!
- Work from our cool new London Bridge office next to Borough Market.
- Join an innovative and creative publishing team that's helping millions of people make better decisions.
- Take your career to the next level, through our training and masterclasses.
- Be a part of our huge success story (we celebrate it every week!).
Who You Are
finder.com is looking for an editor to build, expand and improve the empowering content published on finder.com/uk.
You’ll be part of a close-knit team of publishers and writers who create remarkable, innovative content every day. We’re looking for someone who can produce compelling guides and product reviews that talk directly to the user and help them make the right decision.
So you’ll need not only a passion for words but also an understanding of how to help users take action - whether that’s choosing the right credit card, or getting a better deal on their car insurance.
Who We Are
This is your opportunity to join finder.com, the UK's fastest-growing personal finance comparison & shopping site.
We are part of a global group that has one goal: share useful knowledge that helps the world make better decisions. That includes everything from teaching people how to save on loan interest, to getting a discount on that perfect dress. We hire great people to maintain and keep our cool company culture.
We want to change the way this country thinks and we'd love for you to be a part of that mission! If you're energetic, savvy and passionate, then we want you to work with us! Learn more about us here: finder.com/uk/careers.
Traits we’re looking for
- Detail-oriented. You love your style guide, have a knack for noticing discrepancies and like to keep things organised. You understand the importance of detail when it comes to content about sensitive topics.
- High standard of quality. You regard yourself as excellent at what you do and only want to get better, but you also don’t let "perfect" get in the way of "good".
- Time management. You know how to budget your time and move your schedule around to get important things done.
- Collaborative communication. You can give constructive feedback to colleagues and are open to receiving feedback as well.
- Mastery. You have a desire to become an expert what you do. Knowing our style guide like the back of your hand and being a go-to person internally for questions about style and tone of voice appeals to you.
- Proactive. You like to achieve, and don’t wait for others to tell you what to do or give you permission to do something great.
- You’re keen to be part of a growing, fast-paced Internet publishing business.
- You’re creative and also understand how to drive business results.
- You’re happy to burn the midnight oil and make magic happen on the Internet and be recognised for it.
- Edit and write on-brand articles and guides that beat our competition’s content.
- No matter what the topic, make the content educational, interesting and entertaining to read so that the user can make a decision and take an action.
- Ensure copy is accurate, concise and in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Raise the quality of our older content that has helped us start the business in the UK.
- Understand our readers’ needs and pain points to ensure content ranks highly in search engines and compels people to click on its headline.
- Research and write longer features.
- Work with our publishers and writers to dissect an unfamiliar topic into its granular bits and turn it into eye-catching and interesting content that our readers can’t help but finish reading.
- Stay abreast of industry news and market changes and trends to inform our editorial priorities and approach to new content.
- Work collaboratively with publishing and client service teams and contracted designers/producers.
- Help to shape our content strategy and content planning.
- This role reports to the Head of Publishing and Editorial.
- You have a degree in Journalism, English, Communications or another relevant field from a leading university.
- Finance knowledge. You’ve previously written and/or edited content for a finance website or you've had your own blog. You might not understand all of the intricacies of finance but you know how to make the topic interesting.
- You’re comfortable turning complicated topics into content the average reader would understand quickly.
- You’re intellectually curious and want to try new approaches to making content sing.
- You know your way around online resources including SEO tools.
- You have a strong sense of design and visuals - a bit of creativity is ideal!
- You know and respect the magic of a great headline and the difference it makes to users, but you also know how to shape content so that it compels users to just keep reading.
- A passionate start-up culture and working environment (think experiments and great coffee).
- All the resources that you need to be successful and achieve amazing results.
- A steady stream of engaging, challenging and rewarding projects.
- Competitive package and ongoing recognition for results.
- Close to an abundance of shops, cafes and great places for lunch and drinks
- Perks include: free lunches, breakfast cereal, fruit, snacks, Nespresso all provided.
- Friday drinks at 4:30pm and other regular social functions (VR, go-karting, crazy golf, darts, dinners, axe-throwing)
- High-end spec workstation including Aeron Chair, new Macbook Pro and 27in high-res monitor.
- We operate a transparent and inclusive business where all employees are encouraged to contribute.
- Office moving to London Bridge in February 2019 (currently East Croydon)
Role would suit: personal finance deputy editor / personal finance editor / personal finance journalist / money deputy editor / money editor / money journalist
Click 'Apply' now.