Tatler & Vanity Fair Publishing, Sales Executive & Category Lead - Professional Services
1 day left
- Full Time
Following the ongoing success of the Tatler Address Book online directory, we are rolling the formula out to include new categories to coincide with the launch of a new digital directory platform.
Professional services – to include wealth/asset managers, private bankers, accountants, lawyers and property agents – is a priority category for 2019.
Our ambition is to establish the Tatler Address Book as the ‘who’s who’ of professional services for our discerning print and digital readership. We expect high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals to form a core part of our customer base.
We are therefore seeking a dedicated sales executive to outline a sales approach and growth plan, before playing a leading role in the hands-on sales process – supporting their efforts with complementary social media activity. Over time, we also aim to explore the possibility of events and print supplements to underpin the online directory offering.
This role will include a high degree of face-to-face interaction; we are looking for a consummate salesperson who is comfortable communicating in the manner and register that potential professional service clients would expect.
We expect this category to make a significant contribution to the digital P&L by end 2019, and there is considerable scope for the successful candidate to take on further responsibility as they grow the category.
The Tatler and Vanity Fair Commercial team is a top-tier line-up of highly motivated and personable salespeople, creatives and editors, helping ensure that no two days are alike and that the office environment is constantly stimulating and challenging but, above all, fun. Ensuring we have the right personality fit is a must.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish a sales strategy, timeline and target list for the roll-out of the Professional Services category in 2019
- Lead the sales process with priority clients across the sub-categories listed above
- Liaise with the Tatler publisher and editorial team to:
- Ensure adherence to brand guidelines and editorial tone
- Proactively identify bolt-on commercial opportunities & align with existing sales team
- Report on progress - concrete and well-presented results are essential
- Support the sales effort with social media activity, planned and agreed in conjunction with the above stakeholders
- Independently liaise with the central digital team as necessary (including digital product leads), to ensure the category roll-out happens in a timely, smooth and cost-efficient manner
- Identify and coordinate new revenue-generating opportunities (e.g. events, awards, print supplements) as appropriate
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Established sales experience in digital and/or print environment is essential
- Direct experience of working with professional services clients, or of selling to high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals, is highly desirable
- Comfort with the strict deadlines that publishing requires
- An appetite for hard work and a tenacious approach to winning business
- A keen sense of humour
- The ability to perform well under pressure and take initiative
- An independent approach to thinking and problem-solving, as part of a forward-thinking, dynamic team
Click 'Apply' now.