Aceville Publications, Editorial Assistant - Special Projects Department
Aceville's Special Projects team is looking for a confident and dynamic Editorial Assistant.
Do you love variety and want to be involved in all aspects of magazine production? Aceville is looking for a hands-on Editorial Assistant to join its busy Special Projects team and to help produce the company's annual bookazines, one-off supplements and contract publications, as well as assisting other print and online titles in Aceville's portfolio.
No two days (or hours!) are ever the same, so if you thrive on hitting tight deadlines, are incredibly organised, can turn your hand to different tasks, plus juggle multiple projects, then we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include (but aren't limited to):
- Researching and writing news, features and press releases across a number of our consumer women’s interest titles and contract publications
- Writing regularly for our websites and across social media platforms
- Working on social media campaigns and PR activities for clients
- Dealing with and responding to reader queries
- Subbing and proofing features
- Attending photoshoots
- Signing off pages and covers for a variety of bookazines, under the Editor’s guidance
- Occasional attendance at consumer and trade shows
The successful candidate will:
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced environment
- Hit tight deadlines with ease
- Be highly organised and adaptable
- Be a first-class writer with an excellent grasp of English grammar
- Juggle multiple tasks with confidence
- Have brilliant communication skills
- Be highly creative
- Be a whizz at social media and trend-spotting
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
Working as part of a small, friendly team you will report to the Deputy Editor. Sound like this could be the job for you? Get in touch now.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you'd be the ideal candidate by completing the application form below.
Please note: Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.