loveMONEY.com, Features Editor
Love Inc, the award-winning digital publisher behind loveMONEY.com, loveFOOD.com, loveEXPLORING.com and the recently-launched lovePROPERTY.com, is looking for a Features Editor.
The successful candidate will work predominately on our loveMONEY.com photo gallery features to ensure their continued growth in terms of traffic, engagement and revenue, and deputise for the Managing Editor when required.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Generating compelling story ideas that will achieve traffic and engagement targets on both our own sites and our third-party partners;
- Managing content calendars with Managing Editor to ensure content is planned in advance and we reuse/update content where appropriate;
- Commissioning and editing content from in-house staff and freelance contributors;
- Writing and creating content;
- Monitoring performance to understand what’s worked and what hasn’t and why using analytics tools;
- Deputising for the Managing Editor when required.
Skills and attributes needed:
- Passionate about digital journalism and telling great stories through a variety of mediums;
- Experience of writing and editing for the web;
- Photo editing skills a bonus;
- Knowledge of social media and search engine optimisation;
- Experience of using a content management system beneficial (although training will be provided);
- Good interpersonal/communication skills;
- Excellent project/time management and organisational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail (eg grammar, style, consistency);
- Interest in subjects including wealth, personal finance, business and careers.
- We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience plus bonus scheme and benefits.
How to apply:
Apply by completing the application form below, including:
- As part of your application for this role, we would like you to send us three ideas for finance-related photo-led stories that you feel you would appeal to a global audience (not just the UK). Tell us why you’ve chosen them. You can see examples of the type of content we produce at lovemoney.com/Topics/features
- Your application must also include an up-to-date CV and a cover letter detailing why you would be right for this role. Applications without all of the above will not be considered.