ES Magazine, Features Director
3 days left
- Full Time
ES Magazine is looking for an experienced features director to oversee the commissioning and editing of ES Magazine features as part of a tight-knit team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities - what is delivered?
- Overseeing all magazine content in terms of copy mix, accuracy, layout and legality.
- Commissioning and editing features and reviews for the magazine and overseeing the planning for all special editions in conjunction with the editor, deputy editor, arts and entertainment director and fashion and beauty departments.
- Working with ES’s commercial department to ensure editorial and advertising work in harmony.
- Maintain a broad list of freelance writers who can write with knowledge and to tight briefs and deadlines on all areas the magazine covers.
- Experienced editor, overseeing the commissioning and editing of magazine features
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Organised, with a logical approach to managing tasks
- Capacity to be clear and communicative
- Proactive – can spot potential issues and address them before they become problems
- Capability to learn quickly
- Strong industry contacts both editorially and commercially
- Dynamic, culturally relevant ideas
- A positive, problem solving, can-do attitude
- The ability to work well in a team, to be punctual and organised
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a natural curiosity are an advantage
- Be an ambassador for the magazine at industry events such as shows, press events, dinners and trips.
- Liaise with colleagues to generate current news driven ideas for the magazine.
- Contribute to ES Magazine’s social media platforms including posting covers and content and flagging ES attendance or participation in events.
Skills and Experience
- Managing the day-to-day running of the features pages including regular contributors and liaising with the fashion desk over fashion content.
- Set the agenda for what should be on readers’ radar in the weeks and months ahead.
- Keep abreast of the cultural, lifestyle and sporting scene in London to identify trends and emerging talent.
- Liaising with PRs, brands and London institutions for celebrity talent for cover shoots and interviews, or for exclusive content and imagery.
- Attending/representing the title at openings and events that might generate ideas or contacts.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to carry out repetitive tasks with accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent analytical skills and experience of problem solving
- Experience of presenting detailed data in a clear, succinct format, while highlighting the key points
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a busy environment
- Experience of interaction with customers is a benefit
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for ES Magazine, Features Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly