PinkNews, Snapchat Producer
PinkNews is the world’s largest publisher of content relating to sexuality and gender. We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic multimedia journalist to join our expanding editorial team in London.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter, full of ideas, have a great contact book and experience in a digital newsroom.
The Snapchat Producer will share our vision for explaining sexuality and gender issues, from the most serious to the most entertaining. We are dedicated to achieving global equality for LGBT+ people by engaging our community and our allies through our editorial.
No two days are the same at PinkNews, the small, hardworking team delivers breaking news and quality journalism across all platforms and for a truly global audience.
We are looking for a dedicated Snapchat Producer to deliver engaging video stories to our growing audience as the team expands.
- Responsible for day-to-day production on PinkNews Snapchat
- Work closely with editors to develop and implement an editorial and production strategy for Snapchat
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to produce cross-platform content
- Collaborate with motion graphics designers and junior producers to commission or create visual assets
- Ensure all material used is copyright cleared or the correct permissions have been sought
- Responsible for delivering original, high-quality multimedia content to tight weekly deadlines
- Film and edit video content using Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
- Think creatively about how PinkNews news and features could be told to new audiences in a visual and interactive way
- 2+ years experience, or industry equivalent, working in digital media
- A keen news sense and interest in the LGBT+ community
- A creative approach to visual storytelling
- A strong self-shooter with a well developed understanding of composition, lighting, audio, narrative
- Experience at commissioning and producing visual journalism for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
- Ability to speak French is desirable but not essential
Skills and experience
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Ability to create graphics
- Excellent command of Photoshop, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects
- Command of French (C1 or equivalent) is desired but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with commercial and/or sponsored content
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.
- Click 'Apply' to submit your application and please include your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are right for the role and want to work at PinkNews.