ICIS, News Reporter
The successful candidate will be based in Sutton as a key member of the ICIS news editorial team. He/she must able to produce sharp, accurate news stories to tight deadlines and be capable of copy editing to a high standard.
ICIS news operates alongside ICIS pricing, the world-leading chemical pricing service, to offer unrivalled coverage of global chemical markets through an integrated editorial team.
- Working with the news team to ensure stories are published quickly and to a high standard
- Reporting on the European chemicals industry and chemical commodities markets under the guidance of the news editors
- Helping to ensure all editorial processes and systems in Europe operate to the highest standards
- Working across ICIS multi-media platforms online and with video and audio
KEY SKILLS DESIRED:
- Must have first class editorial skills with a sharp focus on copy editing
- Articulate and numerate journalist with a good analytical mind
- A dynamic individual with excellent inter-personal skills
- Knowledge of global petrochemicals or commodities markets an advantage
- Web editing, posting and software knowledge
The successful candidate will enjoy a pleasant and dynamic working environment as part of a global team, plus opportunities for travel and other benefits.
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions.
Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pricing information, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employees based in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Karlsruhe, Milan, Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo and Perth. Some 350 of ICIS’s staff are journalists engaged in reporting market prices and news, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highest journalistic principles of verification, corroboration and authentication.
ICIS is a division of Reed Business and a member of RELX Group, the world's leading publisher and information provider.
Click 'Apply' now.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information provides information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools.
Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day.
RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.