ICIS, Data Reporter - Petrochemicals
6 days left
- Full Time
ICIS is one of the world's largest commodity market providers. Our aim is to give companies a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news and analysis, enabling our customers to make better-informed decisions.
We are looking for a Data Reporter to gather, analyse and manipulate data to create compelling content to complement and enhance our market commentaries and price assessments in European commodity chemical markets.
The Data Reporter will also support senior Editorial staff by writing spot news stories and data-focused analytical articles, producing data visualisations with explanatory commentary, updating databases, and assisting in the production of weekly reports.
The Data Reporter will also act as a primary liaison with the Data Analytics team, working with them to identify and create relevant data sets and create efficient workflows to introduce the data into complex models.
The ideal candidate must be on the cutting edge of data journalism and stay there as the industry continues to evolve. We need someone who is driven to continue learning and developing their skills to keep up with the rapid pace of change. We will invest in training, classes and conferences to help the Data Reporter keep their skills up-to-date.
The ideal candidate will need to interact with members of the petrochemical community in different ways: as a reporter writing news, as a researcher obtaining data and as an analyst commenting on the data and creating relevant content, covering areas such as supply and demand developments, government and industry data, regulatory and policy developments, data-based general analysis of price trends, and other relevant topics.
Candidates should have experience working on multiple tasks under daily deadline pressure.
- Support the Senior Editors in gathering information to produce price assessments, market analysis, news, weekly reports, and data visualisations, in line with ICIS Editorial standards and compliance processes.
- Continuously hone techniques to analyse and present data in meaningful and compelling way, using correlations in historical data to provide credible forward-looking viewpoints.
- Identify the primary points of journalistic interest in a complex dataset, and conveying them clearly and concisely for a general audience.
- Support wider business ambition in data modelling through regular engagements and interactions with the Data Analytics team, and gather and deliver the necessary data for the models to operate.
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events to build contacts, report on news and represent ICIS.
Key skills required:
- Applicants must have a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s-level degree or equivalent, ideally in econometrics, statistics or data science.
- Applicants must have acceptable writing and numerical skills, and a basic understanding of commodity markets and economics.
- Prior experience in journalism is desirable but not required.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellence in researching and analysing data, written and spoken communication, and creativity.
- The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, inquisitive individual who has a strong ability to generate and pitch creative ideas.
ICIS offers an unrivalled work/life balance, and a friendly and supportive atmosphere with ongoing training and development.
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions.
Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pricing information, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employees based in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Karlsruhe, Milan, Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo and Perth. Some 350 of ICIS’s staff are journalists engaged in reporting market prices and news, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highest journalistic principles of verification, corroboration and authentication.
ICIS is a division of Reed Business and a member of RELX Group, the world's leading publisher and information provider.
Click 'Apply' now.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information provides information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools.
Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day.
RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
RBI pays competitive salaries and has a comprehensive set of benefits.