Funds Europe, Online Staff Writer
This role is focused on providing Funds Europe online and print with news stories, features and similar journalistic (and occasionally commercial) content, and being involved in ad hoc projects in relation to the business of Funds Europe and its owner, CAMRADATA.
Important (but not restricted) to this will be the following:
- Writing news, features and interviews for Funds Europe magazine in print and online
- Assisting in the press production routine.
- Occasional ad hoc projects.
Although the Online Staff Writer will be involved with ensuring these elements happen effectively, as a member of the business, they are also expected to help support the development of Funds Europe and CAMRADATA more broadly.
The role reports to the Associate Editor
The Online Staff Writer role is focused on providing Funds Europe with the support to deliver high quality content relating to the funds industry that is read by industry professionals, as well as to work on ad hoc projects that may include (but not be limited to) assisting with our growing number of events such as roundtables, seminars, conferences and webinars.
The individual fulfilling this role must operate within the governance and operating requirements of Funds Europe/CAMRADATA and the Punter Southall Group of companies to which they belong.
The role will include, but not be restricted to, the following:
- Writing to a good journalistic standard, showing good judgment and thought with regards to article presentation for a senior level audience.
- Writing news & features in long and short form for online & print; on time and ensuring that the current best practices of the business are employed.
- The role will include attending events (sometimes out of hours).
- Participate in the daily newsletter routine and assist in the press production cycle for Fund Europe and supplements.
- Develop our digital content and be flexible to incorporate any new ways of working in support of this.
Specific responsibilities and requirements
The role requires the job holder to:
- Develop contacts in the asset management industry to gain market-leading insights and to produce original content for our publications.
- Have or develop a good understanding of investments and other topics that Funds Europe covers.
- Have the desire to write to a good journalistic standard, showing good judgment and thought with regards article presentation.
- Show good judgement when dealing with people as a journalist.
- Demonstrate or develop proficiency with Adobe InDesign.
- Have an excellent telephone manner.
- Have an awareness of the business’s commercial drivers and main clients.
- Be able to use initiative and work under pressure.
- Be aware of the potential for conflicts to emerge in the various aspects of CAMRADATA Analytical Services Ltd and the Punter Southall Group of companies to which it belongs.
Main reporting requirements
- Regular update meetings with the Associate Editor and Editor.
- Participate in regular Editorial meetings
- This role is suitable for a recently qualified journalist who has gained some experience at a trade or business publication and who is ready to develop their career.
- Ideally, we would expect candidates to have at least one year’s experience in business journalism, preferably for a financial publication. Failing that, we would expect candidates to be able to provide examples of work that displays some skill with numbers and technical material.
- The ideal candidate should be a self starter with a good sense of news
- Exceptions may be made for extraordinary candidates who lack the requisite experience but are quick learners. Online and Social media skills are an advantage.
- A journalism qualification is valued but not essential.
- A degree qualification in economics or business is a definite advantage.
Apply by completing the application form below.