Aceville Publications, Head of Editorial - Health & Lifestyle
To oversee the production, development and commercial success of both the print and digital output for Aceville/DC Thomson lifestyle brands, bookazines and special projects, and other unspecified magazines, websites, apps and social media, including management of editors.
Responsibilities include overseeing the editorial and digital content development and day-to-day running of all the titles within the group.
Working closely with the Publishing Director and other senior management, you will constantly be coming up with strategies and campaigns to maximise reader engagement, generate higher advertising revenues and increase your magazines’ and accompanying digital channels’ growth and profitability - and ensure they are followed through.
Responsibility for the quality of both print and digital content in your department will rest on your shoulders, and you will ensure your websites, magazines and their accompanying awards stay ahead of the competition by instigating change when needed.
You will also advise editors on performance management of their staff, as well as managing all areas of their performance and development.
A commercial understanding of all your publications and their sectors is vital. Where there is room for improvement or an opportunity for generating more revenue, you will be on the case.
The role involves client liaison and management of a long-term contract title, both print and online. Therefore, strong client/account management expertise is desirable for this role. Some travel is required for out of office meetings.
When the need arises, you will oversee new projects that come into the department. This may involve client liaison and project management, compiling editorial content or distributing work and overseeing design.
Leading by example, you will manage, motivate and inspire editors to think commercially and produce top quality magazines on a tight budget. This senior management role will suit someone who is self-motivated, driven by success and confident in leadership and decision making.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Already an experienced editor of consumer magazines.
- A firm, confident and incisive manager, with experience of recruiting, conducting appraisals, managing performance/capability procedures and dealing with problems that arise.
- Able to manage the performance and development of editors, and in turn, ensure those editors are managing their staff effectively.
- Adept at ensuring editorial budgets are strictly controlled and adhered to.
- Highly motivated, organised and adaptable.
- An excellent ambassador who is happy to meet clients and represent the company in business.
- Able to chair meetings with senior managers and clients.
- Comfortable getting involved in all areas of development across the group and come up with ongoing new ideas for each of the titles.
- Assertive and capable in inspiring others, including staff from other departments.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and find solutions to problems.
- A calm and level head under pressure, knowing how to prioritise and delegate.
- Confident producing editorial and promotional material (both for online and print) across different markets.
- Autonomous and confident in making decisions without consultation.
- Someone who knows what makes different people tick and how to get the best out of individual staff.
- Capable of conducting themselves professionally, confidentially and always in the best interests of the company, as outlined in the Company Handbook.
- Ready to manage in line with company policy as outlined in the Company Handbook. You will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Apply by completing the application form below.