Hearst, Art Intern - Homes Hub
The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, ELLE Decoration, Prima, Red and House Beautiful.
We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
To support the Creative Directors and art teams to maintain the quality of work across Country Living, House Beautiful and ELLE Decoration.
This is from initial design concept, design and through to the final printed product to suit style of individual magazine whilst maintain their individual brand identity.
- Working with the Creative Directors, Art Editors and the Art Hub to ensure the design perfectly complements the editorial content and follows the house style whilst maintaining the individual style, design and look of each individual brand
- Support the Art Hub in the design and layouts of all pages
- Marking up pages to be sent to press and pre-media
- Ensuring pages are of an excellent standard and any correction or instructions have been actioned when requested
- Design regular pages and features across all titles
- Attend editorial meetings as required
- Assist the advertising and promotions team with requests for their clients
- To work with industry-standard toolsets to complete your work, as well as work within the proscribed processes of the structured workflow systems used to create editorial content
- Design for digital, events and brand marketing as necessary
- You will be required to undertake commercial editorial work as and when requested by the Company
- To contribute to supplements, standalone and bookazines, as required, and under the direction of senior members of the editorial teams
- To adhere to schedules throughout the magazine and web production cycle
- To read and monitor competitive magazines, digital and other activities within the media to keep abreast of new ideas and trends, and to be aware of the competitive set across all platforms
- To represent the brands, where appropriate, attending relevant events, including reader events, which may be in the evening
- Demonstrable relevant experience/work placement
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – particularly indesign, photoshop and have retouching skills.
- Must have a strong affinity in the subject matter of Country Living, House Beautiful and ELLE Decoration
- Ability to work fast and calmly to meet deadlines
- Fully adaptable – able to design across all titles on all multi-platform offerings
Click 'Apply' now.